Jack Grapes’ Method Writing
Contact instructor with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tuition: $480 ( eight session class taught via ZOOM)
Limited to 12 students
Instructor: Charles Kruger
Schedule: Currently, all classes meet on ZOOM from 11 to 1 on Saturdays.
The next eight-week class will begin on MARCH 11, 2023, and run through APRIL 29, 2023
Level One students will develop a writing process that can reliably help them to:
- Eliminate, forever, the bugaboo of so-called “writer’s block”.
- Quickly, and efficiently, activate the “deep voice”— the intimate tone that forms a relationship with the reader, as if they were whispering in the readers’ ear.
- Generate images and metaphors that surprise and delight.
Level Two students will continue to develop their practice, with an additional focus on developing their mastery of additional voices (or tones):
- Straight Talk
- Lost World
- To Be Read & Sung
- Absence of Field
No class can turn you into a writer. That has to come from your heart.
But I can show you the tools to practice that will gradually lead you to become the writer you long to be or enrich the work of the writer you already are.
Method Writing Will be Helpful To:
- Creative individuals who have dreamed of “being a writer” but need help in developing a consistent practice.
- Anybody who has to create written product as part of their job.
- Visual and performing artists who would like to expand their creative practice.
- Writers who wish to deepen their practice.
- Hobbyists looking for a creative outlet.
- Writing instructors who wish to expand their instruction repertoire.
- Younger writers just starting to explore their creativity (teens are welcome!).